What we are doing to make classes safe...
Here at OM YOGA, we are keen to get back to classes in May 2021. We feel that the physical, mental and emotional benefits of our classes and events will really help us all to re-balance after our third Lockdown here in Wales.
It is important to remember how much MOVING, BREATHING and MINDFULNESS support our immune system and sense of well-being. So let's get back to our classes in such a way that everyone feels safe and happy.
Our top priority is the welfare of our students and teachers and we ask that you keep track of the latest advice and information from the Welsh Government.
What are we doing at OM YOGA to keep everyone safe:
- Cleaning. We are cleaning all touch points between each class. We will only be using the Disabled Toilet at the venue for ease of cleaning.
- Masks. Masks or face coverings are to be worn at all times, apart from when seated / standing on own mat (e.g. if a student goes to the toilet, they must put their mask on
- Equipment. We have to ask that you bring all your own equipment to classes. We have a Class Kit List for you to tick off, and you can order the basics from OM YOGA CLICK HERE.
- Social Distancing. All class numbers will be low to ensure social distancing is possible whilst in class. and we will mark out each student’s position in the class so that everyone feels safe.Please adhere to social distancing whilst arriving and leaving.
- Hand sanitiser. Please ensure that you wash or sanitise your hands before and after each class. Hand sanitiser will be available at the entrance by the Hayloft Restaurant and next to the Pochin Room.
- Pinch Points. Be aware of congregating by the shoe rack and in the corridor on the way in and out of the Pochin Room. Please arrive in plenty of time and take your time to leave the room and building.
- Teachers. We won't be moving around the room or using hands-on adjustments in any of our classes.
How can you help:
Keeping up to date with current Government and WHO guidelines is the best way to stay abreast of developments and changes in procedure. Government guidelines are recommending if you have any symptoms of Coronavirus, then you are to stay at home and not leave your house for seven days from when your symptoms started. Equally, if you are told you have come into contact with someone with a positive test result, please stay at home for a minimum of 10 days.
For students returning to classes, please follow these guidelines:
- If you have any cold or flu like symptoms, please do not come to class until you have had a negative Covid test.
- Vaccinations are now available to every adult in Wales. Having the vaccine is a personal choice; you will not be excluded from classes if you have not had a vaccine.
- If you would like to regularly test yourself for Covid before coming to classes, you can get two free Lateral Flow Covid tests per week from the Welsh Government here: https://gov.wales/get-rapid-la...
- We won’t be sharing equipment with students, so please gather all you will need for your classes and keep all your yoga kit stored safely between classes, cleaning your mat / blocks with sanitising spray.
- Please wash your hands before you leave the house; there will be hand-sanitiser for you at the door if you haven't been able to wash your hands. Sanitise or wash your hands again after each class.
- Please avoid congregating at the door, in the corridor and by the shoe rack as you arrive and leave.
- Bring tissues with you to class, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue if you cough or sneeze, and make sure the tissue is disposed of in a bin straight away.
- Remember to practice a little bit of what you have learned each week, with positive intention for your own health, resilience and well-being. And.... Stay Safe!